The Center for Air and Space Law at the University of Mississippi School of Law is the nation’s leading – and only – ABA Accredited law school that offers a concentration in Air and Space Law. For law students seeking such specialized legal courses, this concentration provides a comprehensive understanding of the legal processes regulating domestic and international aerospace activities. Students enrolled in the concentration program receive the distinctive, interdisciplinary knowledge and expertise for which the Center is world-renowned.
The Center offers a unique curriculum rich in the legal issues that arise from new technologies in space including:
– Public international law covering both the aviation and space industries
– International and domestic laws governing exploration
– National licensing of space activities
– Space security and military uses of space
– US space policy
– Use of remote sensing imagery as legal evidence
– Balancing privacy and humanitarian uses for remote sensing technologies
– Private international law
– Economic regulation of domestic and international air routes
– Environmental effects of aviation and space activities
– Cybersecurity laws and policies
– Aircraft financing and leasing
Learn more about the JD Concentration here.